The relationship coaching that I do with my wife which brought about our book, Madly in Love Forever is an extension of the work that I have been doing personally to activate and enliven this archetype fully in my life. Let’s take a deep look into the heart of the Lover and examine the qualities that this energy can manifest when it is balanced and used in its proper context.
- Joie de vivre: The Lover passionately pursues the things and experiences in life that bring him pleasure and fulfillment.
- Playfulness and Humor: The Lover is able to let down his guard with those he loves and is able to laugh at himself when the situation arises.
- Deeply Sensitive: The Lover is in touch with the mysterious emotional world that reveals our true nature and our true intentions.
- Creativity: The Lover is the well-spring of creativity; art, music, and poetry are all synonymous with love.
- Compassion and Empathy: The Lover opens to the needs and desires of others; to feel as others feel and gain insight into our shared experience.
- Sexuality: The Lover is our guide to sexuality; this energy expresses our likes and dislikes-attractions and turnoffs-and ultimately controls how we interact with other sexual beings.
- Sensuality: The five senses (sound, sight, touch, taste, and smell) are the realms of the Lover; in terms of the Bhagavad-Gita-he is the “enjoyer of the senses”-the part of our Self that gets the full experience of living.
- Humanity: The Lover allows us to forgive ourselves and to forgive others for the imperfections and complexes that we all carry with us in this journey as well as develop appreciation of the beauty of the human condition and our need for one another.
In the next blog, we will continue in much the same way as before by breaking the shadow archetypes of The Lover down into their immature and mature expressions. We will look at the immature expression first to determine how the energy gets unbalanced early on.